Friday, May 11, 2018

Wendy Ortiz's Red Art Print


With her latest release, artist Wendy Ortiz returns to 1xRUN with Red, which finds the California painter experimenting with a softer muted color palette and more attention to realism. Painted over the course of a year, Ortiz's latest edition has been recreated in both Standard and Hand-Embellished editions.
"My approach/technique was different for with this one. I wanted to experiment a bit and had the hope to produce something that felt a little ‘aged’ yet modern. A large portion of my aesthetic tends to be heavily illustrative (heavy line work, exaggerated non realistic figures.. a bit cartoony in my opinion) So I wanted to contrast that with muted color tones to convey an older look. I'm not sure that I was successful in that plan but I'm happy with the result.

This painting took almost an entire year. I initially created her May of last year (2017). I tend to erase or recreate a ton because I don't plan out every aspect ahead of time. I'm usually unable to focus if my feelings at the moment don't reflect the work at hand.. so my window of focus on any given piece tends to be small… I'm working on changing my formula. It's really hindering to productivity to work as I currently do." - Wendy Ortiz
The print is 18 x 24 Inches Archival Pigment Print on 290gsm Moab Rag Natural Fine Art Paper with signed & numbered edition of 75.

Buy it at 1xRUN.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in